"Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." ~Albus Dumbledore
"The definition of adventure is outcome unknown" ~Mr. Hewlett

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Noisy

Noisy. It's one of those words. You know, the ones where if you say it enough times in a row you start to wonder whether it's actually a legit word or not? Is that really how it's spelled? What a weird combination of letters!

Noisy. Noisy. Noisy noisy noisy. Noisy noisy noisy noisy noisy noisy.

Am I right? Maybe? Okay, I realize you may very well think I'm crazy right about now. So we're just going to move on. I picked that title because a lot of the highlights of my week have revolved around making - or actively not making - noise.

On Monday night, Harvard played Boston College in the semifinal round of the Beanpot, a hockey tournament that's been going on here for almost 70 years. It's a big deal. Big enough that they played in TD Garden, which, Wikipedia just informed me, is the largest indoor sports arena in New England. And guess who sang the national anthem? That's right, we did! Under Construction, the a cappella group I sing with, was asked to open the game.


Pretty sweet, even though we ended up losing 2-1. I've been singing with Under Construction since last fall. We're "Harvard's Premiere Christian a cappella group" and the people I sing with and opportunities we've had to share our beliefs through music have been one of my favorite parts about Harvard so far. Here's some more pictures; like, follow and subscribe ;)


Other moments related to noise this week:
  • Ward temple trip - silence
  • Auditions for Harvard's cultural rhythms - noisy
  • Standing at attention in this semester's ROTC opening ceremonies - silence
  • First week back at our regular post-church LDSSA dinners - noisy
  • Lots of grinding out the homework - silence
  • Interfaith worship service with guest speaker Chaz Smith (the "watermeLONE guy") - noisy
  • Visiting a Quaker "meeting of friends" this morning - silence
It's been another solid week. They just fly by. My quote this week is from my favorite country artist - name the song for bonus points ;)
When this world gets crazy
And tries to break me
And I had all I can stand
I can close my eyes
No matter where I am
And just be still




No comments:

Post a Comment