"Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." ~Albus Dumbledore
"The definition of adventure is outcome unknown" ~Mr. Hewlett

Sunday, March 17, 2019

These Are My People

Hi y'all.

Hope y'all are having a good week. Did y'all know that I'm in North Carolina? Should I say y'all a few more times just to prove it? Here, how 'bout this, made by a couple of the kids in my group :D

So basically it's finally Spring Break, and we're on tour with Under Construction, the Christian A Cappella group I sing with. We've only been here a couple days, so I don't have a ton to tell yet, but shall we just say that I looooove the South?

Rocking chairs on back porches. macaroni and cheese, the accents, baked beans, all the churches, fried catfish, country music, warmer weather, pie, and friendly friendly people. It couldn't get better.

Take today after our second gig for example. We finished around lunch time, so we went to a nearby "Southern Cafeteria" for lunch. It felt like going out for ice cream in Utah after Priesthood session! Lines out the door, everyone wearing Sunday clothes, talking with total strangers, I guess this happens every Sunday there. The only family I saw not wearing Sunday best was wearing camo instead. It made me very happy. It's going to be a pleasure singing for these people for the next week.

The squad, enjoying our first Southern sunset


Ethan, our group's logistics manager, with his incredibly kind parents who are lavishing us in Southern hospitality

Loved the sign

Found sitting by the sink :D

Family portrait of Ethan's neighbors who are letting us use their house that they just moved out of

Straight outta a country song :)

We're givin' this life everything we got and then some
It ain't always pretty, but it's real
It's the way we were made, wouldn't have it any other way
These are my people

No comments:

Post a Comment